Want to show off a healthy and radiant skin this summer?
Want inexpensive yet effective ways to take care of it?
Then you’re in the right place. In this post I’ll share 5 summer beauty secrets, you need to know for a healthy and beautiful skin.
Quick word of advice: The brands I recommend here are based on my experience and I’m not being paid to mention them.
If you’re not sure what brand is best for your skin type, or if you have a serious skin condition, ask a doctor before trying these tips.
Are you ready to glow?
Let’s get started!
5 Summer Beauty Secrets for a Glowing Skin
1. Stay Hydrated.
I bet with the beautiful summer days, you’ll be spending more time outside and moving your body more often. Which is great for your health!
But this also means you’ll be spending more energy. So you need to hydrate your body regularly by drinking several glasses of water a day.
Also, consuming water-rich foods like watermelon, cantaloupe, cucumber, oranges, peaches and strawberries will help you stay hydrated. These foods are not only high in liquids but they’re also charged with vitamin C and antioxidants, which may fight free radical damage and delay signs of aging.
In short, a well-hydrated body will show in a radiant skin!
2. Wash With a Gentle Cleanser.
Washing your skin twice a day is key to keep it healthy. There’s an endless number of cleansers in the market. But I recommend using a fragrance-free cleanser because it won’t irritate your skin.
To wash my face I use either neutral soap, the Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Daily Face Wash, or the Cetaphil cleanser. These gentle cleansers are great for my skin and for my family’s.
Also, if you want to quickly refresh your face during the day, I recommend this gentle home made rose water toner.
PRO TIP: If you use makeup, remember to remove it before going to sleep. This is essential to keep your skin healthy and youthful.
And to wash your body, you can use a neutral soap. But if you like a little fragrance on it, I recommend the Live Natural brand. It smells great and it’s gentle for my family’s sensitive skin (I’ve seen this after so many washes during the pandemic).
Complement these tips with this Step-by-Step Skincare Routine Guide for 2021.
3. Moisturize Your Skin.
With the high summer temperatures, your skin can easily get dry. But by moisturizing it after your cleansing, you’ll protect it from the elements and make it look healthy.
My favourite moisturizers are:
- Rosehip oil. A dry, non-greasy one great for all skin types. Since it’s slightly more expensive, I use it over my face and neck to moisturize and soften them. My favorite brand is Bubbli Organics.
- Curel lotion. A heavy but gentle moisturizer. Perfect for my family’s sensitive skin since it’s prone to eczema.
- Jojoba oil. A great addition to your skincare routine! Just put a few drops over your lips, hands, body, and feet and they will feel so soft. Also, you apply 1–2 drops of this oil to your hair tips for extra shine!
Recommended for you: 7 tips on how to make your hair grow fast.
5. Protect Against The Sun Damage
Exposing your skin to the sunlight can cause serious damage —from dryness, to accelerated signs of aging, mild burns and more serious effects like skin cancer.
Here are 4 easy ways to protect your skin (and your loved ones’s) from the sun:
- Use a sunscreen lotion. My favourite brand is Neutrogena Sheer Zinc. It’s a gentle formula even on sensitive skin, free of fragrance and irritating chemicals.
- Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from UV light and the delicate skin that surrounds them.
- Avoid exposing your skin directly to the sun. I know this is a tough one since we love to show off a tanned look. But just think that doing this has long term consequences.
- Wear a hat to protect your face and neck from the sun.
5. Moisturize Your Feet
And last but not least: your feet. They’re often the most neglected part of our bodies (I confess, I’m guilty of this). But since they do so much for us, I think they deserve some love!
Here’s how you can take care of your feet this summer:
- Exfoliate your feet with this easy home-made salt scrub.
- Apply a few drops of jojoba oil over your clean feet just before going to sleep and give them a gentle massage.
- Pamper them with a nice pedicure.
Show off a Radiant Skin this Summer!
The sunny days are here, and you deserve to enjoy them. After all, we’ve already spent so much time at home. I get that. 🙂
Just remember to take care of your skin by following these simple beauty habits. It will look healthy, youthful and glowing!
5 Secrets on how to keep your skin healthy this summer:
- Stay hydrated.
- Wash with a gentle cleanser.
- Moisturize your face and body.
- Moisturize your feet.
- Protect from the sun damage.
I hope you found these tips useful.
Enjoy your summer!
P.S.: Did you find this article helpful? What’s your best summer beauty secret? Share it in the comments below!
Photos by: Canva, and A Stellar You Montreal Lifestyle Blog.