Looking to soften your hands and feet? If so, I’ll show you how to easily make a hand exfoliating scrub at home!
This easy homemade exfoliating scrub will help you moisturize your hands and feet in a natural way.
Ingredients you need:
- 6 Tbsp. of Himalayan salt (for a pink colour) or coarse salt.
- 1 ½ tbsp. of glycerine for skin.
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil (or jojoba, almond, avocado, or other NATURAL oil).
Optional: Add aroma using one of the following suggestions:
- 1 ½ tbsp. rose water.
- 2 drops of vanilla extract (try one drop at the time, as it will change the colour of your scrub).
- 3–4 drops of essential oil (lavender, rosemary, lemon, orange, rose, eucalyptus)
Optional: Add colour using one of the following suggestions:
- Himalayan salt for a natural pink scrub.
- A few drops of food colouring if you used regular coarse salt.
How to Make a Hand Exfoliating Scrub at Home
- Grind the salt.
- Toss the salt into a small blender and grind it until you obtain finer grains (10 seconds). Or if you have a mortar and pestle, you can use this to grind your salt.
- Your salt doesn’t have to be completely pulverized. But if you have sensitive skin, it is recommended to obtain finer grains.
- Put all the ingredients in a clean airtight glass jar.
- Toss the salt, glycerine, natural oil (aroma and colour if desired) in a clean airtight glass jar to incorporate them.
- Mix gently all the ingredients until obtaining a homogenous mixture.
- Preserve your new homemade scrub for up to 4 weeks.
How to Exfoliate Your Hands and Feet with Homemade Salt Scrub?
- Apply 1 tsp. of your homemade salt scrub to your clean hands or feet and massage gently for 1–2 minutes.
- Rinse the exfoliated skin with lukewarm water to remove the scrub.
- Pat dry your skin with a clean towel.
- Moisturize your exfoliated hands or feet with either:
That’s it! Show off your beautifully softened hands or feet.
I hope you enjoyed this easy beauty remedy.
P.S. Want to receive our beauty and lifestyle tips ? Subscribe here and get my FREE Guide for a Skincare Routine.
You’ll also like: