Want to make your hair grow fast? Wish you had a longer, stronger and healthier mane? Wondering why your hair is falling out?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you’re in the right place. In this post, you’ll find 7 tips on how to make your hair grow fast, and get some clues on why you’re losing it.
Plus, if you’re dealing with baldness, there’s an innovative solution to cover it.
Why do we lose hair?
There are several reasons why people lose hair: age, genetics, pollution, lifestyle, childbirth, poor nutrition, hormonal imbalance, medical conditions, and radiation. And this can be a temporary or permanent condition.
Fortunately, there are things you can do to take control of your hair’s health.
First and foremost, talk to your doctor so he can give you a proper diagnose and treatment.
Then, see what changes you can do to improve your hair.
Let’s take a look at the following tips!
7 Tips on How to Make Your Hair Grow Fast
1. Add Gelatin to your diet
Gelatin is an excellent source of collagen —a protein that provides structure to the skin, bones, joint, nails, and hair! It is pure protein and is obtained from animal raw materials.
It is one of my favorite beauty secrets. I started using it because I wanted my bones to be strong for a dental implant. Luckily, it did help me and now I’m wearing my implant without a problem.
But not only that, gelatin has also helped me strengthen my hair, nails and improve my skin’s appearance. That’s why I recommend it. In this post you can learn how to easily add gelatin to your orange juice.
2. Wash your hair the right way
When it comes to washing your hair, make sure you’re following the right habits:
- Use lukewarm water to wash it and cool water to rinse it.
- Find the right shampoo for you —personally, I find that the ones that are sulfate-free don’t make my hair fall.
- Massage your scalp for 2-3 minutes while shampooing it.
- Use hair conditioner 2 to 3 times (maximum) per week, and just apply it to your mid hair and tips —never on the scalp.
- Gently remove the excess water with your towel.
- Whenever possible, let your hair dry by itself.
- Wash it every other day —give it time to grow.
Read all the details on How to Wash Your Hair Correctly and Stop Hair Fall.
3. Brush your hair the right way
Brushing it when it’s dry and using the right tools is key to avoiding hair loss.
Here’s how to do it the right way:
- If your hair is short, use a wooden comb —perfect for untangling, increasing blood circulation and stimulating hair growth.
- If your hair is long, put 3-5 drops of argan oil on your finger tips and rub it on your hair tips. Next, grab a small section of your hair and untangle it with a wooden comb, starting from the tips and moving upwards until reaching the scalp. Then, grab another small section and repeat this process.
BONUS HACK: Brush your hair at night with a boar bristle brush. A great way to massage your scalp, stimulate hair growth and give your hair a crazy shine!
4. Take a break from the styling tools
When I was a teenager, I used to put a lot of time into styling my hair —I wanted to look my best, who doesn’t at that age?
But this habit was damaging my hair. My tips were splitting and I had short new hairs popping out of my perfectly coiffed mane —a sign that I was abusing the hair dryer.
Over time, I learned that taking breaks from the styling tools is key for hair growth and shine!
So, if you’re a heavy user of hair dryers, curlers, or irons, then use them sparingly. And give your hair time to grow!
5. Untie it
Ponytails, braids, and other tied-up hairstyles help us control our mane when exercising, feel fresh during hot days and make us look put together. What’s not to like?
But using them every day can lead you to a form of hair loss, known as traction alopecia. Moreover, putting your hair in a ponytail when it’s wet will worsen this problem.
Luckily, this can be avoided by wearing your hair down as much as possible. Also, by avoiding tying it up when it’s wet and too tightly.
6. Eat Healthy
Give your body proper nutrition and it will reward you with the mane of your dreams!
What should you eat to promote hair growth?
- Protein: found in eggs and meat.
- Vitamin C: berries, oranges, kiwis, sweet peppers are a great source of it.
- Vitamins A, C, folate and iron: found in spinach.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: found in fatty fish like salmon, herring and mackerel.
- Vitamin E: avocados, nuts and seeds are great sources of it.
- Iron: find it in meat, shrimp, beans and spinach.
- Zinc: good sources are nuts and oysters.
A healthy and strong hair starts from within! Include these nutrients in your diet to help your hair grow!
7. Talk to your doctor
Every person is different. And although the tips I share here work for most people, you may need something more specific.
Talk to your doctor if the hair loss persists. He will give you a proper diagnosis, treatment and diet.
And now a pro tip if you’re dealing with baldness.
How to cover baldness with scalp micropigmentation?
If you’re dealing with baldness and are looking for a solution to cover it fast, technology can help you with scalp micropigmentation (SMP).
What is Scalp Micropigmentation?
It’s a nonsurgical hair loss procedure —done with an electric tattoo device— that creates the illusion of fuller hair.
This innovative solution may be useful for people dealing with all forms of hair loss —cancer, alopecia, thinning hair, male, and female pattern baldness.
So, if you’re looking to boost your confidence with SMP, look for a clinic that specializes in it.
And if you’re in Canada, check out how Microcapillaire Clinic can help you.
Take a look at these impressive examples of their SMP procedure —where they helped their clients conceal scars and add density to their scalp.
They are one of the truly best places to help with scalp micropigmentation in Toronto.
There you have it, 7 secrets on how to make your hair grow fast.
Let’s revisit them:
- Add gelatin to your diet.
- Wash your hair the right way.
- Brush it the right way.
- Take a break from the styling tools.
- Untie your hair.
- Eat healthy.
- Talk to your doctor.
And if you’re looking to cover baldness fast, check how Microcapillaire Clinic can help you.
I hope you found these tips useful!
Do you have any other hair growth hacks to add to this list? Share them in the comments below!
Pin this image on Pinterest!
The recommendations presented in this post do not replace medical advice. If you have a medical condition, please consult with your doctor first.